Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Terrain: Wooden Fence

A warmachine game always needs walls. I thought it'd be pretty easy to throw one together with some balsa and speaker wire.

This fence was pretty quick. I first cut the strips of balsa and painted them. You'll notice that the two on the ends are shaped differently - they're from a square dowel. 

I took 2-3 strands of speaker wire at a time, maybe 6 inches long, and twisted them together. I wrapped the wire around the dowel, then around the next fence post, twisting to hold them together. I proceeded like this until I had a fence the right length. This was by far the longest and most tedious part of the process, and I used multiple short lengths of speaker wire.

With that part done, I stuck it to a plastic base with green stuff, and after that had cured, I poured down some tacky glue, which I poured craft sand onto. Oddly, at this point, the base separated from the glue, but the glue stayed solid, forming a new base itself. Oh well, happy mistake.

I glued on that small bush and called it done. It's simple, but it's one of my favorite terrain pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment