Friday, June 2, 2017

Finished Painting Gibbs


Life is busy and I've had pretty much zero free time this past month. But thankfully, I actually just finished painting another model. Harrison Gibbs, a model I got for Christmas this year, is finally complete.

After I assembled the model, he'd been sitting there half-painted for a good 3-4 weeks while I finished painting a second firefly. Then I decided that I wanted to try out some of these spiffy custom bases they sell online.

After painting a few of the cobblestone bases, I decided I wanted Gibbs on the base that had a street curb so that his cat could be up a bit higher on the curb. Then I had to pry Gibbs off the stock PP base I'd glued him to and chop off the metal strip beneath his feet with wire cutters. A bit of green stuff, and he was affixed to the custom base.

I'm mostly happy with the paint job. I did a better job on the eyes here than I have at some points in the past. I wish I'd been able to get the cat to look a bit better than it does, but overall I'm happy.

Now I can brings Gibbs in the Stryker2 list I'm calling "Support Bloat", and serve Stryker up his hot meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment