Oh, hello. Look at that. I've got a blog here. I should probably write something, if only to keep this thing going that I've had running intermittently for nearly ten years.
Of course, I'm no longer running Cygnar. At the beginning of the year, after a brief stint with some 3D printed Cephalyx, I picked up Kithguard, and I've been digging the ambush vibe. I've got my Fortress King painted, I've got Dozer and Smigg in the mail, and I'm hoping to have the whole army painted soon.
Right now, I'd like to take a look at the Warmachine KM4 factions, and make some guesses as to what big things might happen in the January 2027 update. Sure - it's all hot takes, but I'm basing a lot of it on speculation I've heard on podcasts from players who actually know what they're doing.
Let start off with Grymkin. I'd heard on the podcasts about how Old Witch's infinite rerolls were an issue, how the nerf on the Slaughterhouse wasn't enough, and how a lot of the arcana cards were as strong as feats, but it wasn't until I had my Fortress king one-rounded by a clockatrice that I felt it. Grymkin have it coming, and they deserve the nerf.
I've only had a single game into Fane of Nyrro, and it isn't enough to really get the feel. I understand that their warlocks can shadow shift away from basically any assassination and that you've got to take out the support before you'll get much done. From what I'm hearing, they're strong, but I don't know yet to what degree. We'll see how things play out.
Old Umbrey, Sea Raiders, Brinebloods, Kithguard, Gravediggers, Shadowflame Shard, and Dark Operations seem to be fine. I'd say that for the most part they should be left alone. I'm sure there are a few models which could get a point boost or nerf here or there on a MAT or DEF, but nothing major.
Dusk House Kallyss seems down from their previous peak. Like so many of the focus-using factions, they don't have a certain edge that the fury-using factions have. Fewer attacks and boosts, no animi to draw on, and no transfers. The removal of the spell rack hit them harder than the factions previously known as Hordes - I'd say that Dusk, like many other focus factions, needs a rejiggering of warcaster spells.
Storm Legion, Winter Korps and Crucible Guard are in an even worse spot than Dusk. Even after the DEF bump on the Cygnar chassis, these factions are hurting. My prime thought would be to rejigger spells as I suggested above with Dusk. Maybe hand out some Field Marshal or Elite Cadre rules to a few of the warcasters who are hurting most. And as a former Cygnar player, give some love to those sharpshooters and Tempest Thunderers.
Cryx Necrofactorium is having a similar problem. They used to always be the faction that would take a horde of POW 10 zombies, debuff a warjack, and then kill it on a charge because of their effective +5. I'm not super familiar with their current toolbox, but if it isn't there, that's the flavor I'd go for.
Lastly, Convergence of Cyriss. Their whole thing used to always be using their focus efficiently due to induction. Perhaps upping the field allowance on a number of Convergence warjacks from 4 to 6 would help.

No comments:
Post a Comment